ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award
The 2022 Call for Nominations is now open through Tuesday, October 26, 2021. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Purpose and History
The ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award recognizes leadership in promoting and implementing synergies between the clinical engineering and information and technology professions with contributions either professional or technical in nature. The recipient of the Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award is selected jointly by the Boards of Directors of the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and HIMSS.
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate leadership in promoting and implementing synergies between the clinical engineering and information and technology professions with contributions either professional or technical in nature.
The ACCE/HIMSS Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award receives a symbol of recognition and a public announcement in a HIMSS publication and on a relevant website(s).
The award may be made to an individual from the clinical engineering or information technology professions or may be shared between two individuals from the clinical engineering and information technology professions who have cooperated in their efforts.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Has demonstrated innovative leadership through effective use of technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in health information technology
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry
- Has participated significantly in either leadership or organizational activities of ACCE or HIMSS (i.e., board of directors, board-appointed committee, task forces etc.)
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by HIMSS and ACCE
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS and ACCE stand, including but not limited to:
- Supporting and participating in lifelong learning opportunities
- Supporting and promoting HIMSS and/or ACCE as a recognized thought leader in the industry
- Current membership in good standing of HIMSS and ACCE
- Is not currently serving on a HIMSS or ACCE Board.
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS or ACCE
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated
Previous award recipients who have won this award are exempt from consideration.
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less)
- A brief description of the nominee's involvement/contribution to ACCE or HIMSS
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.