Join the HIMSS Emerging Healthcare Leaders Task Force and learn what health informatics is really all about in today’s world. Hear three seasoned healthcare informatics professionals share their insights on how they got started in health IT and why it’s a viable and important profession to consider.
- Define health informatics
- Describe the purpose of health informatics
- Identify two methods to learn more information about roles in health informatics
- Compare and contrast different career pathways within health information technology, such as health informatics and cybersecurity
- Katherine Taylor Pearson, DNP, RN-BC, CPHIMS, CLSSBB, CPBI, CKM - Assistant Professor, Colonel, U.S. Army Retired, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing
- Dr. Abel Guevara III, DHA, MHIM, FACHDM, RHIA, CPHT, CDME, Doctor of Health Administration, Abilitech Medical, Austin, Texas
- Fortune Onwuzuruike, Co-Founder, Cybersecurity Program Manager; College Professor, Tech Is The Wave; Microsoft, Atlanta
- Kathleen Ulanday, MHA, MBA, BSN, RN-BC, CPHIMS, Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas
Sponsored content. The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.