Over the past few years, "interoperability" has become a household name for those in healthcare. There is a great deal of information on this everywhere you turn; however, those in the industry need this information broken down into easily consumable information in those areas that impact them the most. During this webinar, a panel of experts focused on three key areas of interoperability. One, recognize the related hardships some clinicians are facing while highlighting how others have overcome challenges. The second area was reviewing the regulations and requirements, including the imaging archive and the new information blocking regulation law in October 2022. The third area is the patient's experience with access to their provider's and personal data.
- Gain a better understanding of workflows to help ease challenges clinicians face with interoperability.
- Understand the impending regulations that will impact clinicians.
- Gain a better perspective on the patient experience when it comes to interoperability.
- Alex Holston, MD, DHMSM, CMIO, BiHG Fellow, DoD Healthcare Management System Modernization
- Holly Miller, MD, MBA, FHIMSS, CMO MedAlies
- Steven Lane, MD, MPH, FAAFP, FAMIA; Family Physician, Palo Alto Medical Foundation; Clinical Informatics Director, Privacy, Information Security and Interoperability, Sutter Health
- Facilitator - Brian Levy, MD Lead Physician Executive, Cerner
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.