Enjoy a profound discussion on maternal health legislation and the related clinical and patient impact. You’ll gain an understanding of this crisis in U.S. healthcare and feel empowered to take immediate action. HIMSS Government Relations staff provide an overview of the Momnibus bill and other bills currently in review. Clinical industry leaders share their perspective of the impact these bills will have on HIE, telehealth, mobile data sharing, and the overall impact to patient care outcomes, and security of data. Insights on how changes can be implemented at organizations are also shared.
- Gain knowledge of the current bills under review with our government leaders.
- Utilize provided links to take immediate action to notify government leaders of the importance of these bills.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the impact of connecting to patients via telehealth and the related improvements to maternal outcomes.
- Explore the potential enhancements to care and patient outcomes via secure mobile data sharing.
- Nwando Anyaoku, MD, MPH, MBA VP, Chief Health Equity Officer, Providence North Division
- Nakyda Dean, MD, OB/GYN, Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
- Monica Lutgendorf, MD, Department Chair, Gynecologic Surgery and Obstetrics at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences; Maternal-Fetal Medicine Physician, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Rachel Peragallo Urrutia Assistant Prof of OB/GYN and Preventive Medicine Resident, University of North Carolina
- Valerie Rogers, Director of Government Relations, HIMSS
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.