Join the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community to discuss Transforming Healthcare Delivery through Mixed Reality. Burnout has been a problem for clinicians for a long time. These past two years have been unlike any other that our nation and our health care system have ever experienced. Yet through it all, nurses, physicians and all care team members have continued to demonstrate their steadfast commitment to caring for their patients and communities with skill and compassion.
Burnout can be transformed at the workplace. Mixed reality (MR) provides tools for innovative immersive experiences that transform patient care by improving outcomes and provider satisfaction.
This virtual roundtable brings together thought leaders to discuss how the creation of immersive experience through MR can improve patient outcomes and enhance education and training. Innovative strategies for MR technology assisting with provider burnout through transformation of the workplace will also be explored.
- Define how MR offers the opportunity to improve the provider experience and patient outcomes
- Explore how immersive experience assists with training and education
- Explain how the three-dimensional images allow a user to see/change the view of the world
- Discuss how the nurse informaticist can champion MR innovation at their organization
- Eric Kamont, Director of Mixed Reality Strategic Partnerships, Microsoft
- Jared Kutzin, DNP, Associate Professor and Senior Director of Simulation, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Amar Patel, DHSc, MS, NRP, CHSE, FSSH, Chief Learning Officer, CAE Healthcare
- Moderator: Kathleen McGrow, DNP, MS, RN, PMP; Chief Nursing Information Officer Microsoft
Sponsored content. The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.