Join the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community for this live interactive session. Informatics Nurses and nurse leaders responsible for business continuity and emergency response planning are invited to join us to learn from expert informatics and cybersecurity professionals. Network with other nurse leaders to proactively plan and prepare for targeted healthcare cyber attacks.
Cyber hygiene has emerged as a major healthcare safety concern. Nurses must remain constantly vigilant to protect patient data, medical equipment, employee and organizational information. As with any clinical competency, regular practice and education can help refine skills necessary to protect against the most common threats to medical information.
This informational tabletop exercise introduces common scenarios to healthcare data security and gives you a chance to interact with one another, as well as with security experts, to either begin or fine-tune your own cyber response plans.
- Understand short- and long-term impact of major cyber attacks on nursing practice and steps nursing can take to protect their work.
- Identify and plan business continuity tasks for missioncritical system and resources for unplanned cyber outage events.
- Takeaway key resources to host nursing specific planning sessions in your organization with key leaders, clinician stakeholders and technical teams
- Nelita Iuppa DNP, MS, BSN, NEA-BC, RN-BC, FHIMSS
Clinic Health System
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
- Robert L. Steele, SHIMSS
Senior Director Clinical Applications
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Melanie Turner, AVP, Health System Information Services, UAB Medicine Enterprise
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.