This self-paced, on-demand, e-learning course is designed for those with an interest in healthcare data analytics — specifically, clinicians and IT staff who are working in an IT or informatics capacity.
Data analytics is used to create actionable insights that can guide an organization through critical decisions. Properly aligning a business problem with appropriate analytical methods is essential to a successful data analytics project. The purpose of this course is to explore a process for analyzing data, perform exercises for each step of the process, and create actionable insights from data. You’ll practice data analytics using MS Excel to analyze a dataset and develop meaningful directives.
This course is hosted on the HIMSS Litmos learning management system. You will have six months from the date of purchase to complete all course requirements. The approximate course time is 10 hours. Upon successful completion, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to claim 10 HIMSS continuing education (CE) hours.
At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and interpret data to inform business decisions
- Perform data preparation procedures
- Recognize trends, detect outliers and summarize data sets
- Validate analytical reports
- Analyze relationships between variables
- Develop and test hypotheses using inferential methods
- Select the appropriate collection methods to obtain data
- Design data visualization using the most appropriate graphical methods and tools
- Implement regression analysis and other analytical techniques using analytical software tools such as Microsoft Excel
To get the best learning experience participants should have access to Microsoft Excel (any version).
- HIMSS Member* | $425.00 USD
- Non-Member | $510.00 USD
*Excludes Chapter only and Digital only members
Questions? Reach out to us at HIMSSprofessionaldevelopment@himss.org.