Refresh your health information and technology knowledge and prepare for the exam by taking the HIMSS Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS) review course. Aligned with the competencies of the certification program, the review course serves as a self-paced, assessment-based, on-demand tool that is complementary to the CPHIMS Review Guide book. Participants will be guided through nine modules—each aligned with one of the four domains and corresponding subdomains—with all course content developed by subject matter experts currently teaching or practicing in the health information and technology field.
This course is hosted on the HIMSS Litmos learning management system. Learners will have six months from date of purchase to complete all course requirements. Approximate seat time is 11 hours. Participants will receive a certificate of completion following successful completion of the course.
Competency areas include:
- Healthcare and Technology Environments
- Clinical Informatics
- Healthcare Information and Systems Management
- Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance
- Testing and Evaluation
- Privacy and Security
- Management and Leadership
- Discuss the characteristics and services of different types of healthcare organizations and the interrelationships across them
- Define the roles and responsibilities of healthcare information and management systems professionals
- Articulate the opportunities, challenges and trends of the healthcare environment and technological components needed to deliver and support patient care
- Examine basic clinical and health IT vocabulary, terms and metrics frequently represented in healthcare informatics
- Interpret clinical and operational outcomes through the use of various data analytics tools; apply to system functionality to optimize clinical effectiveness and efficiencies
- Describe the components of the implementation development life cycle in a healthcare setting
- Describe the importance of administrative aspects of health information and technology from the perspective of protecting health information to ensuring that the leadership and management functions of the healthcare setting are identified and understood.
Should you have questions regarding this course, please reach out to us at HIMSSprofessionaldevelopment@himss.org.