Get ready for what’s next for healthcare with this recently updated course on healthcare, health information and technology and health information management systems. Check out this online course developed in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University's Open Learning Initiative.
- Course curriculum is aligned to the general content contained in the CAHIMS℠ certification from HIMSS
- Provides individuals in non-IT related healthcare roles with a broad understanding of health information and technology.
- Designed for those with or without previous experience in IT or healthcare.
- Intended to serve as a pathway into health information and technology careers.
- 100% online and self-paced course
- Upon completion, receive a certificate and 30 continuing education hours toward the CAHIMS or CPHIMS renewal.
The focus is on the role and responsibilities of entry-level health information and technology specialists in each phase of the systems lifecycle. The curriculum is intended to be similar to the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) certification administered by HIMSS. This course is designed for students who have previous experience in IT or healthcare and it is designed to serve as a pathway into health information and technology careers. It also provides a broad understanding of health information and technology for individuals in non-IT related roles in healthcare.
- Healthcare Environment
- Technology Environment
- Analysis and Design
- Selection and Acquisition
- Implementation and Management
- Privacy and Security
- Leadership and Planning
- Professionalism and Communication Skills
- Clinical Informatics
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.