HIMSS John A. Page Distinguished Fellows Service Award
The 2022 Call for Nominations is now closed. Recipients will be notified in December 2021. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Purpose and History
The HIMSS John A. Page Distinguished Fellows Service Award recognizes commendable and long-standing contributions to the society made by a Fellow Member. The HIMSS John A. Page Distinguished Fellows Service Award can be made for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional service.
The HIMSS John A. Page Distinguished Fellows Service Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition presented at the HIMSS Advancement Reception during the HIMSS Global Health Conference
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s)
Eligibility and Criteria
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated leadership in professional advancement
- Contributed as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives
- Actively supported HIMSS mission and membership growth
- Made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS stands
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry
- Nominee must be a HIMSS Fellow Member in good standing for a minimum of two years
- Is not currently serving on a HIMSS Board
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation from a HIMSS Fellow outlining how the nominee meets the required criteria
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.