HIMSS Changemaker in Health Awards
Congratulations to all of the 2022 HIMSS Changemaker in Health Award nominees.
HIMSS now invites you to participate in the voting process. HIMSS membership is not a requirement to cast your vote. We know all 16 finalists are deserving of this award, but we ask that you limit your vote to your top 1-3 favorites. Voters are limited to one vote per nominee. Award recipients will be identified by the public vote as well as input from the HIMSS Board of Directors. Public voting closes on December 1, 2021 at 8:00AM CT.
Questions about casting your vote? Email us.
Purpose and History
The HIMSS Changemaker in Health Awards recognize inspiring senior healthcare executives who rigorously challenge the status quo in their journey to build a brighter health future. The awards celebrate innovative senior executives as they lead change in their relentless pursuit to improve care by harnessing the power of information and technology.
Awardees are determined by public voting, making the HIMSS Changemaker in Health Awards uniquely powerful and a true representation of the voice of health information and technology.
Award recipients will receive:
- Symbol of recognition
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s) and in related materials
- Complimentary registration to the HIMSS Global Health Conference and invitations to participate in programming with video excerpts to be published in media vehicles
- Opportunity to participate in HIMSS TV and/or podcast interview and contribute to additional content (i.e., participate in webinar, panel discussion, etc.)
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, nominees must be senior healthcare executives .
To be considered, nominees must demonstrate:
- Ongoing commitment to harnessing the power of information and technology to positively transform health and healthcare
- Active leadership that demonstrates innovation and propelling innovation to harness emerging, disruptive and cutting-edge technology to address healthcare pain points
- Driving of transformational change, leading to improved health outcomes for patients through the advancement of the best use of information and technology within communities (i.e., to improve patient safety, coordinated care, population health, wellness, access and cost-effectiveness)
Selection preference will be given to nominees who demonstrate HIMSS membership involvement.
Nominees must also:
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology
- Be respected and recognized as role models by their peers
- Not currently serve on the HIMSS Board of Directors or any HIMSS advisory boards
- Not currently be employed by HIMSS nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS
- If selected, must agree to contribute to HIMSS content (article posting, podcast interview, webinar participation, etc.), which HIMSS may publish
Nomination and Selection Process
Any person may nominate a candidate who meets the eligibility criteria. Candidates may also nominate themselves. Only completed nominations submitted by the published deadline will be considered. Multiple nominations does not increase the potential or guarantee selection as a finalist.
The nomination process includes a completed online application, including answers to questions to demonstrate why the nominee should be considered for the award, and a LinkedIn profile or resume/CV.
Once nominations close, a selection committee will identify finalists. A ballot of finalists will be posted for voting shortly after the nomination period closes. Recipients will be identified based on public votes as well as input from the HIMSS Board of Directors.
Questions? Email us.