HIMSS Interoperability Showcase
Connections That Transform Health
The HIMSS Interoperability Showcase™ is an educational experience produced for both in-person exhibits and digital events around the globe. The interactive exhibition displays the exchange, access and use of healthcare data through profiles and standards in real time with live products currently in the marketplace.
Our mission is to demonstrate the power of standards-based healthcare interoperability by showcasing systems exchanging and using data in real time to improve care, outcomes and experience.
The in-person showcase is packed with connected demonstration areas, a large education theater, a product marketplace and more. Our digital presence can be scaled up or down to accommodate partner events of any size. Attendees interact with demonstrations on a variety of topics, including pediatric cancer, heart failure and substance abuse treatment.
Participants demonstrating their interoperable technology and solutions include government agencies, market suppliers, non-profit organizations, payers, providers, academia, HIEs, standards development organizations and consulting firms.
Connected Demonstrations and Theaters
- Multiple organizations collaborate to demonstrate in a single story focused on an individual.
- Participants work with HIMSS and other organizations to develop storylines that explore the value of their solutions, making each a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Demonstrations place solutions in a clinical context, allowing attendees to engage in the story of an individual—such as a caregiver, patient or clinician. Attendees can then witness the impact these systems have on clinical outcomes, quality and patient experience.
- Any technology that exchanges data using interoperability standards can participate.
- Our theaters hosts sessions on emerging topics. Trailblazers provide their perspectives and insights on challenges and inroads and identify opportunities.
Our interactive exhibit produces clinical connected demonstrations that visualize actionable, interoperable best practices across many topics that can be applied in practice or referenced in research.
Learn from HIMSS and partner organization experts.
We have a collection of past demonstration descriptions and participant-produced white papers in our archives. Get in touch with our team to find a specific resource.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Government agencies, market suppliers, non-profit organizations, payers, providers, academia, HIEs, standards development organizations, consulting firms, etc.
- More than 100 organizations and 130 demonstrating systems and initiatives signed up to participate at HIMSS20, over 30% of which were new.
- Participants demonstrate over 450 times to attendees during exhibit hours.
- We are passionate about helping a wide audience understand the value of creating and implementing interoperability standards.
- Connected demonstrations help attendees see what each product does to support care and how each one works together to impact the ecosystem.
- We want everyone to realize the positive impacts of improved care on providers and patients.
- We have been part of conferences around the world, from Finland to Australia to the Middle East, and we are always a cornerstone of the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition.