Certification: CAHIMS and CPHIMS
Demonstrate your expertise and experience as a health information and technology professional with CAHIMS™ or CPHIMS™ certification from HIMSS. In a field experiencing vast change, it’s important to possess a standard body of knowledge and an up-to-date skillset. HIMSS certifications show you’re well informed and well prepared for what’s next in your career.
What are the CAHIMS and CPHIMS Certifications?
The Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) certification is a pathway for expanding and diversifying industry knowledge for both early careerists and those with more experience.
The Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS) is a certification program for experienced professionals, acknowledging and honoring their proven expertise and commitment to the field.
Why should you get certified?
Receiving a HIMSS certification demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of the profession and that you have reached a milestone in your career development.
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Expand your career opportunities.
- Validate your knowledge, competency and credibility.
- Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization and community.
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Reinforce sustainability in periods of transition.
- Use of certification marks and digital badges in your professional materials
- Highlight your certification with inclusion in the HIMSS Certification Directory
- Receive priority in HIMSS Certification Opportunities
To apply to take a certification exam, complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility, and candidates will be contacted with next steps.
Certification exams are administered at select testing centers and HIMSS events, and candidates receive their results before leaving. All candidates must apply and receive an Eligibility ID# before making a test reservation.
Please be advised that the CAHIMSTM and CPHIMSTM examinations will be releasing new versions of the certification exam. The new examinations are the result of a recent job analysis.
The new exams will be released on 04/01/21. Please be advised all exams scheduled on or after 04/01/21 will be based on the new outline of exam topics.
Please be advised that HIMSS will also be changing the exam vendor from Prometric to Pearson VUE effective 04/01/21. Current versions of the CAHIMS and CPHIMS examinations will be available until 3/31/21 through Prometric, and the new examinations cited above will be released and available beginning 04/01/21 through Pearson VUE.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Certification credential renewal is every three years. To renew your certification, either retake and pass the examination or submit a renewal application.