The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need for telehealth services. However, while telemedicine is expanding patient access and increasing the coordination of care, it needs 5G to boost its full capabilities. This event will focus on the connection and dependency between 5G and telemedicine. Next, explore the benefits of and challenges to 5G, the roles and relationships of the different parties involved, and what the future holds for this 5th generation network.
- Discover the 5th generation network and its association to healthcare.
- Learn about 5G’s benefits and how the network will change the delivery of healthcare.
- Explore the international advantages of 5G’s influence.
- Initiate ideas towards achieving new technological advances globally.
- Presented by: George Washington University students: Chris Bott, MHA candidate; Anne Carilli, MHA candidate; and Yasmine Osman, MHA candidate
- Moderated by: Toria Shaw Morawski, MSW, HIMSS TIGER Staff Liaison, Senior Manager, Professional Development
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.